1. At 32 I still can't ride a bicycle and my husband is a very strong cyclist. I have always wanted to learn how to but never got past my shyness of falling off a bike and we don't have a backyard for me to learn. My goal is to borrow an old disowned bicycle from a 10 year old daughter of my colleague and learn how to ride.
2. I have always been a couch potato until 4 years ago when I quit smoking because I just don't want to any more. Before that, I could barely walk 100m uphill without feeling dizzy and sick.
3. My all time favourite sitcom is FRIENDS and I have watched it so many times that I can almost remember the lines from every episode. My favourite character is Ross.
4.I didn't speak much English (and not much of anything) until I went to primary school at 7 in Kuala Lumpur and it has since become my first language. I just didn't like talking when I was very young but became a motormouth after primary school.
5. I am utterly uncoordinated and have given up on going to STEP classes because my feet can agree on what to do.
6. I love spring and winter and hate days that are above 20 degree celsius . Summer is the worst time to run for me and I usually take January off running because it's the hottest month in Auckland.
|My 'First Aid" cap|
10. I love dogs, a lot. The best part of my Sunday run is running through a popular park where I get to see lots of dogs and it makes my day.
11. I eat too much cheese and there's no cure and I am happy with that.
Hmm...I'm beginning to understand myself more after finishing this post. If I need a flatmate someday I will reuse these questions. If you think you had enough of me, not yet.
Here's my answers to Jen's questions:
1. What is the one race/ athletic event you would most like to do? (cost, travel and logistics aren't factors!) Disney Princess Half Marathon. And if ability is not a factor either it would be a triathlon.
2. What food tempts you most when you're trying to eat healthy? Ice-cream and french fries. Always.
3.Biggest pet peeve at the gym or races? Equipment hoggers who holds you up using a machine because they are busy facebooking or tweeting.
4.Running skirts. Love 'em or leave 'em? Haven't worn one before but I could imagine liking it.
5.What are your thoughts on makeup at the gym? As long as it doesn't melt and no one is wearing fake lashes it's okay.
6. What blog post that you've read in the past week week or so that has inspired you? I have not come across a significant in the last week but have come across many outstanding motivational posts in the past.
7. 3 things you cannot live without? Sleep, husband, internet.
8. Do you have a post race tradition? Eat a big calorific meal that I wouldn't normally allow myself to.
9. Do you spend more on work attire or athletic attire? I don't have specific work attire so I have to say street attire.But the gap between athletic and work attire spending is closing.
10. What's the best costume you have worn or seen another runner wear at a race? Not sure it was the best, but definitely most uncomfortable was a man dressed as Darth Vader to run a marathon! For myself, it's being dressed as a Santa for a Santa Run.
|I wonder if the lobster will stay put if I go race in this headgear|
11. What's the best running book you've ever read? Hmm.. I have only read 2 so far and it's not a fair comparison - Run Less Run Faster and The Runner's Body.
I'm tagging the following bloggers because they have been inspirational to my running:
1.Emz from If I can't convince you at least I can confuse you
2.Katie from Msfitrunner
3.Alli from See Alli Run
4.Becky from Run Fun Done
5. Susan from Nurse On The Run
6. Janae from Hungry Runner Girl
7. Julie from ROJ Running
8. Whitney from Live Run Love Yoga
9. Sarah from Once Upon A Lime
10. Christy from My Dirt Road Anthem
11. Rachel from Running Rachel
Your questions are:
1. Jogging on the spot at the red lights - good or pathetic?
2. What is your best running moment?
3.What gets you into blogging? Do you get inspired to run more by other bloggers?
4. What is your favourite running blog and why?
5.What do you carry on you when you run?
6. If time is not an issue,would you prefer to run in hot or cold weather? Rain or shine? Day or
7. What is your favourite dessert?
8. What are your short-term running goals?
9. How do you reward yourself after a long hard run?
10. Do you try to eat healthy most of the week and how do you do it?
11. Name one really good movie you have watched recently and why?