Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Brunch at Laundreth and Co. Ponsonby


It's been a while since I posted a food review here and guess it's time to do so now. Last week I rewarded myself to a nice brunch after braving the rain for a 16k run. It's one of those days that I have there needs to be a carrot dangling over my head to keep me running. That carrot was a brunch at Laundreth. It used to be a small treat from Lululemon but my last trip costs $400 so I won't be treating myself much very soon. It was difficult though because Laundreth is just across the road from Lululemon and I can hear the new brightly colored swiftlys calling my name, yearning to be tried on and go home with me. But I was strong and resisted. Actually it was pouring when I got outside and just jumped into the car instead of walking across to LL.


Laundreth is really cosy and warm with comfortable seating plan. The coffee was nice and strong and service was prompt. I ordered truffled eggs and it was really good. Not greasy and every component on my plate was so fresh and tasty.


I ordered the Truffled Eggs with tomatoes, mushroom and some greens. The eggs were brilliant and everything tasted very good and it's not greasy which is an added bonus!


Hubs ordered Fish Croquette Nicoise and the portion is rather large. He loved the crunchy beans and the freshness of all the components.

Overall it was a good brunch on a blustery day with prompt service and comfortable seating. A little complaint was when I went to pay the bill with my Grabone voucher the guy at the cashier uddenly became a little unhappy that I wasn't paying full price for my meal. That kinda ruined the experience for me. Would I come back? Possibly because to be fair, I enjoyed the coffee and the food is pretty good but I definitely won't be a regular here. Reason? There are way too many good cafes in Auckland that serves ridiculously good coffees and food that comes with more character and super friendly staff i.e Revel Cafe on K'rd, Brick by Brick in Onehunga, Good One on Douglas St, Little & Friday in Newmarket and the list goes on.



Pin It

No comments: