Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Thanksgiving with FRIENDS and giving thanks.



This is was supposed to be a special post to my readers from USA who are celebrating Thanksgiving last week but I made an error of setting to schedule the post on Thanksgiving but did not hit the 'publish' buttom. Anyway, I still want to share this with all the American readers of my little blog. Thank you for taking the interest in my little blog which details my musings of life in the faraway Auckland. A little late but still better than never. 

I have never celebrated Thanksgiving but my perception of the holiday is always linked to FRIENDS with Rachel's English trifle, Monica's head stuck inside a turkey, the episode with Brad Pitt and Joey wearing Phoebe's maternity pants which he later rebranded as 'thanksgiving pants' as he work on eating a whole turkey on his own.


My favourite has to be the episode with Rachel's trifle when Ross declares the trifle tastes like feet. I love that episode and I can't make myself eat a trifle without thinking about Rachel's trifle with beef and peas,yuck! I'm such a sucker for Friends and still watching it every now and then although it has ended since 2004. I love Modern Family too but it still can't beat 10 seasons of Friends that I grew up with. It's one of the many things that I am thankful for.


Here are a few things that I am very thankful for:

1. Ability to run. Not that I can run fast but at least I can run. My heart and lungs work overtime to cope with the stress I give it but I know with every run, I am getting stronger and better. I run because I can. I am very thankful to have found this sport that I have grown to love so much and committed to do it as long as I can.

2. My BFF who also happens to be my hubs. He'd watch multiple seasons Project Runway with me anytime. Enough said.

3. Family and friends.

4.Auckland. I bitch about the traffic and car drivers but I love this city. I was born in Kuala Lumpur but have made Auckland my home. It's strikingly beautiful and one of the top 10 cities in the world to live in. Expensive but the people are so nice. Ok, I do admit Vancouverites are pretty damn friendly too so it's a tie. But Auckland's got one of the best coffees in the world -alongside Wellington. Sounds bizarre but it's pretty damn true.Starbucks don't get too much love from us.

5.Malaysian food. I think it's one of the most underrated cuisine in the world. Although most Aucklanders that I have met adore Malaysian food but it is still an unsung hero of Asian food. Malaysian food is bursting with flavours and very diverse. Go beyond the habitual Curry Laksa and try the many varieties of what it has to offer.

6.Health. I strongly believe that health stands above wealth. If you're healthy physically and mentally, everything will be ok.  

7.Travels. I have been to quite a few places and can't get enough of travelling. I am thankful that I don't have a fear for flying, can read a map and enjoys all the weird and wonderful experiences that comes my way.



I hope you all had a very good Thanksgiving break with your loved ones.

Are you a fan of FRIENDS? What is your favourite Thanksgiving episode?

Did you go out for a Thanksgiving run?

What do you give thanks for?



Pin It

No comments: