Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Olaf's Artisan Bakery & Cafe Mt. Eden

I finally got around using my voucher from Grabone. The morning was miserable as it was raining and cloudy. I bought a $22 for 2 breakfasts voucher a while ago and decided to go to Olaf because they have my favourite Supreme coffee.

Olaf's has been voted as one of Metro's top 50 cafes in Auckland and is located in a cluster of great cafes in Mt. Eden village. Walking into the cafe, you will see the wide array of artisan bread and other goodies on displayed and the kitchen is churning out freshly baked bread. The owner, Olaf is from Germany and has brought his bread making expertise to Auckland. Great news for those of you who adores hearty European bread.



Olaf's display cabinet was decked out with delightful treats and makes decision making harder.

My Eggs Benedict with Citrus Cured Salmon. 



S ordered Eggs Benedict with Citurs Cured Salmon and mine was with Bacon. It came with a chunky slice of sour dough bread instead of the usual english muffins and topped with a zesty hollandaise sauce. I really like the sauce. The value of the meals were good for the fact that it was only $22 but I am not sure I'd be as thrilled to pay $18.50 for the what's presented on my plate. It was an overall good experience, I would definitely be back for the coffee and good looking salads on display but not very sure if I would come back for the Eggs Benedict. It's really not bad but it's not unforgettable either.

Pin It

No comments: